Thursday, August 16, 2012

500 Geocache finds

I decided I would try to topple my under 500 finds today and decided to revisit Jamestown to attempt a missed CJS Series cache(GC2F40H) I could not previously find.

The day was cool and so I was not slapped in the face with the usual summer humidity that makes it difficult to keep looking for caches. I drove my Ford Geomobile to the Jamestown area and found the described deck then solved the puzzle to locate stage 2. Using an application called .... I punched in the new coordinates for stage two and started looking. After thirty minutes looking with nothing, I gave up and logged a DNF. Then did an area search.
In the area were several unfound caches and a couple Geochallenges. I parked near (GC3KK2B) which is also close to (GC25VBH) and walked to both with no real issues managed to locate both. I then hopped back into the car to drive a mike up the road to look for the Ferry free for all cache which was another easy find and finally up the bike trail a mile to finish with (GC164PB) for a grand total of 502 cache finds! I drove to Jamestown Settlement next to locate and photograph the two Geochallenges located inside. These are a few of the photo's taken inside the Settlement area.




1 comment:

NorthRock said...

http://img.groundspeak.com/challenges/display/aeda693d-a452-4e7b-aa68-f0bc08ba6089.jpg